Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

memoirs from a distant land-part one

i used to think keeping a diary was overrated,but now,not only do i keep an every day type diary but am seriously considering exercising my hand with the help of a pen,somehow i used to consider blogger my personal diary...but away from 24*7 Internet connection i feel your simple pen and paper work better...

so here goes some ramblings ..from my native land......

when i think of a diary nowadays...i see it as a companion......

a companion to the girl...as she sits late at night..before going to bed..hair oiled and tied up...and some gooey stuff on her face..looking scary in order to look pretty in the long term...sitting on her bed..and scribbling away to glory......

a companion to the girl.....on her way to her native land..in the train...as the wind whips her hair onto her face and lashes away at the pages of her diary.....as she looks out dreamily making up some poetic rhetoric....

a companion whom she misses terribly when some beautiful thoughts....or some dreadful thoughts......occur to her...in the course of her day.....a companion who never judges her...but allows her to be...and never ditches her....

a companion to whom even the thoughts which she can never express...or understand completely makes complete sense....

a companion who allows her to laugh at herself....when she reads the things she had written before....
a guardian and witness of the passage of time.....through which her thoughts..evolve,grow..and maybe at times even mutate.....

thus..i start this series.....which i don't know,,,when and how i will complete....maybe the next time i access my dad's office computer...but still will try to be regular...and write what i feel from my native land..my birthplace...at times i try my best to run away from...but which will always have some mysterious ties to my soul..and will always pull me back....and howmuchever i deny its right on me...will always wholeheartedly offer me solace and peace...some old,ancient pull ...in place long before my time....which cannot be described in words......
signing out....
ice-weird-ness.....



4 comments:

bloggeronloose said...

Hope u'll hv a good time in ur native place with ur companion.

Blunt Edges said...

This created a pretty picture :D
"...on her way to her native land..in the train...as the wind whips her hair onto her face and lashes away at the pages of her diary.....as she looks out dreamily making up some poetic rhetoric"

This did not :P
"...as she sits late at night..before going to bed..hair oiled and tied up...and some gooey stuff on her face.."

I have never kept a diary. Though I used to peek into my brother's when I was a kid (I know, not a good thing!). And writing with a pen is no longer a comfortable thought!

Its always good to read you lady :)

iceprincess said...

@navya
:)
thank u

iceprincess said...

@be
thankkku...and its always good to have ur feedback.....